Up to date with Ellie Rose

Monday, June 7, 2010

June 6, 2008--The day we knew

It's hard to believe that it's been two years since that morning when Alisa handed me a gold jewelry box with the Oops! eraser inside and thus told me that my world had changed forever.

I don't know how to succinctly put into words all of the ways that life has changed and it would probably sound saccharin if I tried. Let me just say that I really like being a dad and hope that I am doing a decent job of it. I'm lucky to have Alisa. Sometimes only Mom will do.

Everyone thinks that their child is exceptional and we're no different. Ellie seems to understand a lot. She's putting together two word phrases and can tell you that dogs say woof woof and cats say meow. Of course, she also thinks that squirrels say meow, so maybe I shouldn't be planning on her attending MIT just yet.

We recently came back from a trip to St Louis, where we went to the zoo and the museums. We'll have to go back when Ellie is a little older. I wish Kansas City had a science center, but unfortunately we only have Science City. Sigh...

Ellie is looking forward to being a flower girl in Aunt Katie's and Almost Uncle Ryan's wedding.

We'll be posting some really cute photos soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment