We had a doctor checkup on Friday. Ellie is up to 19 lbs 12 oz, and is 28 and 3/4 inches tall. John and I were both sure she would be over 20 lbs, but not yet.
She is saying mama and dada, and hi may not be far away. It is very sweet to hear her say "mama." Ellie is sleeping a bit better at night, waking up once or twice. Not sure when she will make it all the way through the night again, but this is definitely better than waking up every two hours. I feel like some sanity has returned to our lives. Last weekend we had some babysitting help, and John & I got a lot of yard work done, and then I cleaned the living room & baby-proofed it a bit.
I've had a few people say "haven't the past nine months gone by so fast?" No... but it's been a good nine months. A lot of work, but well worth it.
1 comments:
I never thought the months went by fast until after their first b-day.... now that Allie is so independent, so much easier to communicate with, it seems like it was just yesterday that she was putting us through the wringer.... I suppose it just gets faster the older they get, the fact that my Drew will be turning 5 this spring, and we will be making the decision whether or not to enroll him in kindergarten or wait until next year, is already threatening to give me hives!
Post a Comment