Up to date with Ellie Rose

Friday, August 20, 2010

Whee!!!!!

One of Ellie's favorite books is Pajama Time! by Sandra Boynton. The book opens with a playground scene. A chicken is jumping rope. A pig swings on a swing hanging from a tree limb. A hippo, playing in the sandbox,looks up to see a crescent moon shining. It's getting late. It's pajama time!

Ellie will tell you that the chicken says bock, bock.(It's very cute and I'm not biased or anything. You should hear her rooster sound!)If you ask her what the piggy says, you might expect her to say oink, oink, but you would be mistaken.

Ellie will tell you that the piggy says whee!!!!

What else would you say while swinging?

By the way, does anyone know what a hippo says?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

very cute.... I can hear the sounds hippos make in my head, but I don't think I am capable of articulating it lol

Renee and Scot said...

gurgle gurgle... I don't know... I have only seen hippos in water.

Mandy said...

I'm glad she likes it. Pajama Time has been a favorite at our house with the tiny crowd. Our version when we read it sounds like hip hop.

Hippos grunt and groan. They also trumpet, which sounds kind of like a cross between a cow and a starting lawn mower.

Post a Comment