Wednesday (Which is not technically the weekend--sticklers can get their own blogs.) Melissa, our Groomsmaid from our wedding, came to meet Ellie and generally catch up. Melissa lives in Spokane, Washington, so we don't get to see her very often. Last year we thought that we would get up to Seattle, Vancouver and Spokane, but travelling is a much more interesting process this year and it may not happen. Ellie and Dad just watched a video on train travel across the US and Canada. It made her dad a little wistful for the days when he could just hop in the truck and travel. Those days are gone: these days are quite good.
Friday the family took a trip out to Nebraska Furniture Mart to look for a swivel rocker for nursing and for rocking Ellie to sleep. While we were out there, we were hungry so we had our first meal out as a family! It was only Chipotle and we tested Ellie's patience, but it was a milestone.
Alisa's schedule and my schedule don't mesh very well. We look forward to meals at home when I get a "real job." In the meantime, one of the compromises is that I rarely work Friday nights. I picked up last night and realized that I work in a fish restaurant and it is Lent. Perhaps I'll have to consider picking up a few more through Easter.
5 comments:
So did you find the perfect chair??? I really hope Ellie will be the kind of traveler that my kids have been so far!!! They are so easy (my Mom shakes her head in wonder)....
Gotta love us Catholics during lent eh?
My family took a trip to California in the late 70's--by bus. My mom was the only adult, I was five and my brother and sister were 12 and 13. I can't imagine taking a long bus ride with children.
We found a good chair. It's amazing how ugly some of the furniture is. Somebody, somewhere must find it attractive. Perhaps things are different in Nebraska. It's like a whole nother country--no, that's Texas....
A couple of years ago, I had an old lady come in on Ash Wednesday, with ashes on her forehead, and repeatedly tell me that she was eating fish because she was Catholic. Really? Maybe I look dumber than I think I do.
I have been pleasantly surprised by the travel thing, I dont know if it is because my kids start traveling young (since the inlaws are 6 hours away) or what, but its nothing like the hell i pictured. We bought a portable DVD player because everyone told me that we just HAD to have one, and we NEVER EVER USE IT!!! I always drag it along as a last resort if the kids start going nuts, but we never bring it out of the bag.
LOL on the Ashes thing.....too bad you couldnt have responded "and arent you supposed to be fasting today?" LOL
Glad you found a chair!
Yes, glider rockers are strange, so comfy, yet so ugly.
Oh Alisa, you just described my feelings about the minivan LOL!
Post a Comment