Up to date with Ellie Rose

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Leaving my wingman

There are probably situations in life which do not relate to Topgun. I'll let you know if I find one. The eternity between the time the nurses wheeled Alisa away to prep for the C-section and the time they called for me, was the worst I had experienced in a long time. I hadn't felt like I could do much to help before, but now I felt completely useless. I'm sure the experience was a lot worse for Alisa.


I'll just say that I do not like surgery and hope not to be involved with it again anytime soon.

But the end result was our beautiful daughter.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I am sure it stinks to be the one waiting outside, I have had 2 sections, so Mike has had to do that twice, and the 2nd time, he got to wait quite a bit longer since the first spinal block didnt take.... but for me it was all good, I knew within mere moments, I was gonna see my babies!

john said...

I can't speak for Alisa, but for me the part of the surgery after Ellie came out was worse than getting Ellie out. I couldn't see anything, but there were these weird suction noises....

Alisa said...

The worst part was definitely after they were done, but for me it was more the uncontrollable shaking and cold for two hours. Poor girl! Out in a weird new world, handled by lots of people, probably shook up a little....

Post a Comment