
While I can't say that I am bored, it is a lot quieter around here today than it was yesterday. We haven't had any trips to the doctor. We slept for a long time last night--like five hours. Ellie was really hungry when she woke up. We'll have to set alarms tonight so we won't sleep through any feedings.
We're learning. We're not perfect yet and probably never will be. I'll settle for no one crying. The books say that this will all get a lot easier in a month or two....
Perhaps soon Alisa will be hanging up her earmuffs. She looks so cute in them, though.
I miss being able to make my girl laugh without feeling guilty for causing her pain. I'm looking forward to one day hearing my other girl laugh. That will be a sweet day.
3 comments:
yay for sleep! Give Alisa another week and laughing shouldnt hurt (much anyway)..... I remember feeling like a whole new woman 2 weeks post c-section (and I quit taking the "good drugs" 5 days post-op and just took tylenol) I was amazed both times at how fast I recovered! I didnt even know you were "supposed" to wake up sleeping babies to eat.... I never did, but perhaps its different when breastfeeding (i know nothing about that), or perhaps I was/am just a bad mother! Keep up the good work!
We'll probably stop obsessing as much when Ellie has her first regularly scheduled pediatrician appointment and we find out that she is gaining weight. Then again, Alisa made spread sheets to narrow down her top picks for cribs, car seats, etc...
If Alisa holds a pillow firm against her incision when she laughs (or coughs or sneezes) it will help with the pain.
Isn't funny how long five hours of sleep feels now, when just a couple weeks ago it wasn't long at all!
Post a Comment