Up to date with Ellie Rose

Saturday, February 28, 2009

our new cordless model



Ellie lost her cord last night. Well, she didn't lose it; we still have it. I don't think it will make it into the baby book. We've tried to imagine scenarios in which Ellie might conceivably want to see the shriveled up little thing. We've come up blank.

You can tell that she's cordless in this photo, because we have returned to dressing her in one piece outfits. She had been wearing t-shirts to avoid irritating the stump and to allow it to get a little more air.

Ellie had a weight check yesterday. She gained five ounces since her last weighing. That puts her at an even eight pounds. I know that seems like funny math, but she lost a bit during the days when nursing was .... interesting. It's good to see her weight going in the right direction.

I've always claimed no preference when it came to the gender of our child. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit. This morning I discovered a benefit to having a baby girl. As I was wiping her bum, she started peeing, so I reached for another wipe. I'm sure this would have been much more exciting with a boy.

Today is Ellie's first snow. If she were bigger, we would go play in it.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

yay for gaining weight, heading in the right direction again! Isn't it great when the cord comes off, nasty stuff (I kept Drew's then tossed it later, threw allies away immediately NASTY).......

Post a Comment