Up to date with Ellie Rose

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One week old!


Ellie is one week old today! It seems like the time has flown by, and it also seems like the longest week ever. We feel very blessed to have her. I feel extra blessed today because she let me have an hour nap.


I will tell you, whenever I would see a mom and baby nursing, I always thought they looked so peaceful. Ha! There are definitely moments like that, but it is also a bit of a struggle. She has been eating much better the past two days, and her temperment is better (so is her output) so I feel like I am regaining some sanity. They say the first few weeks are the hardest.


She is sleeping right now as I type... maybe we could both get in another nap...


3 comments:

Melanie said...

yay for naps! One week old already! wow.........dont blink or she will be nearly 9 months old and walking around holding on to furniture!

Mandy said...

She looks so sweet. It gets easier and easier. Before long, she'll have nursing down pat. A little bit later, she may start on her acrobatic nursing career.

ChaosIsAFriendOfMine said...

It does get easier. When I had Cash, one of friends told me the first six weeks are "pure hell" and that if I got through them I could get through anything. It wasn't really pure hell though. ;-)

She looks so sweet!

Post a Comment